Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: A Challenge for Sonic 2 Fans

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.atomicwienerdog.com/uploads/27.JPG

    Go faster. I dare you to try.

    I'm trying to hit 26 myself, I'm pretty sure you can...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.atomicwienerdog.com/uploads/26.JPG

    Haha, faster!

    I think I can hit 25 now that I found a new way to go about things.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Should I try it with or without ROM/RAM h4x0ring? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Edit: I noticed this could be taken the wrong way; I'm not saying you would, in fact I believe these times because I had done 0:2x myself (don't remember what was "x", most surely higher than 5); it's just that in the past I was part of a Sonic games hacking community and I know how to modify the game in a variety of ways to allow this (like: going through things (NOT debug/object placement mode), making Sonic faster, changing starting position, editing Emerald Hill Zone, or even messing with the Genesis' clock).

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ March 18, 2004 07:30 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.atomicwienerdog.com/uploads/25.JPG

    GAHAHA!

    Sorry for the constant posts. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Absolutely no hacking was used.

    I swear it.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Of course, I believe you, I know this is hard to do but possible. I've played that stage enough to tell.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehe, im tempted to try it.
    But the problem is, i dont have any roms or emulators, and its all the sites ive been to are incredibly shifty/littered with porn/dont work/require your address. Anyone know good emu sites?

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The official GENS site, where you can download one of the best MegaDrive, Mega CD, and 32X emulators (if not the best) is here: http://gens.consolemul.com . It has forums. You might find links to ROM sites there, although make sure you own the games you want to download the dumps of.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ March 22, 2004 06:56 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a limit for sonic 2 that nobody has been able to do (even myself)

    Try ending Emmerald Hill within 22 secs. no hacking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •